Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0307163
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
16. a. Date present building erected: 1917 [strike text] 1915-16 [end text]
(b) Date dedicated by this church: 1917
c. Date consecrated by this church:
d. If unable to give (b) or (c), give date of first service of this church in building: 1917
(e) If this building remodeled, give date:
(f) Give dates of any additions:
17. (a) Description, architecture (if any definite style), material used, color, form of building:
Spanish style; native coral rock; natural color; rectangular with cloisters and court.
(b) Special features, as cornerstone, art glass or memorial windows, bell, pipe organ, famous paintings, alter service, etc.:
Pipe organ. [strike text] No bell; inscription pulpit Bible. [end strike] Special feature: Front door a three century old Basque door taken from building in Pyrences.
18. Official tittle clergyman (rector, priest-in-charge, pastor, etc.): Pastor
19. a. First settled clergyman: James Bolton
Dates of tenure: 1897-1900
b. Earliest known clergyman (If item a is uncontainable): as above
Dates of tenure: as above
c. Present clergyman: J. Delman Kuykendall
Dates of tenure: 1921--
Education: This pastor claims that he has no college degrees, but that the "D.D." used in connection with his name represents honorary membership in Atlanta Theological Seminary, Atlanta, Ga.; and The Vanderbilt School of Religion, Nashville, Tenn.
Address: 3429 Devon Rd., Miami, Fla. Coconut Grove Section.
20. Unpublished historical sketches (author, title, period covered, date written, location, -- note if written in one of church record books):
NOTE: Information in Item 20 wasn’t inserted correctly. The information below should have been inserted in Item 21.
Sketch in Christian Herald, Mch., 1934, titled: "It keeps me Climbing", in Coconut Grove Library; Miami Herald, 11/19/22, p. 7, c1-4 sketch titled: "Coconut Grove Church has Grown in twenty five year from four members to 125."
21. Published histories, historical sketches, or directories, (author, title, published, place and date of publication, number of pages, location.):
Information under Item 20 should have been inserted here.