Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0401067
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
16. a. Date present building erected: 1904
(b) Date dedicated by this church: None
c. Date consecrated by this church: None
d. If unable to give (b) or (c), give date of first service of this church in building: 1904
(e) If this building remodeled, give date: No
(f) Give dates of any additions: None
17. (a) Description, architecture (if any definite style), material used, color, form of building:
Rectangular, Gothic style architecture; constructed of Bedford stone ?, natural color.
(b) Special features, as cornerstone, art glass or memorial windows, bell, pipe organ, famous paintings, alter service, etc.:
Pipe organ valued $35,000; beautiful memorial stained glass windows; has an inscribed corner-stoned laid Feb. 3, 1902.
18. Official tittle clergyman (rector, priest-in-charge, pastor, etc.): Pastor
19. a. First settled clergyman: Rev. James McDonald
Dates of tenure: 1838-1846
b. Earliest known clergyman (If item a is uncontainable): Rev. Ryan Frier (Missionary Minister)
Dates of tenure: 1837-1838
c. Present clergyman: Rev. F.C. McConnell, D.D.
Dates of tenure: 1929--
Education: Baylor College, Waco, Texas; Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, Ky.
Address: 1610 Donald St., Jacksonville, Fla.
20. Unpublished historical sketches (author, title, period covered, date written, location, -- note if written in one of church record books): None
21. Published histories, historical sketches, or directories, (author, title, published, place and date of publication, number of pages, location.):
T. Fredericks Davis, "History of Jacksonville and Vicinity" 1513-1925, 3pp. 401-403, published by the Florida Historical Society, at the Records Company, St. Augustine, Florida, 1925. Total number of pages in vol. 635, located in Jacksonville Public Library.