Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202038
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
11. Record books of Sunday School or other organization:
Sunday School records have been kept by the secretary, 1921-1936. No records for 1937, account of its inactivity.
12. Financial records, if separate:
1921--; 6 vols., are kept at treasurerís home in Colored town.
13. Unpublished historical sketches: (give author, title, date when written, and note if written in one of the record books): None
14. Published histories or historical sketches or directories, etc.: (give author, title, place and date of publication): None
15. Other records, miscellaneous manuscript material, etc.: None
16. Indicate by check condition of records: Fair
Excellent ( )
Good ( )
Poor ( )
Very poor ( )
17. Other information, particularly as to the origins, history, and previous names of the church:
This church was organized at a turpentine still about six miles from its present location. They have had a good membership, and some of the members erected a church in Cypress quarters for their convenience, and all work in one accord, church is known as St. Paul A.M.E. (African Methodist Episcopal) and is ser4ved by same pastor.