Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1203001
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
ALL SAINTS EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF WINTER PARK, 1883--, Interlachen and Lyman Avenues, Winter Park, Orange County.
Organized in 1883 in a room over a general store, corner of Morse Blvd. and Orange Ave.; met here, and in the Congregational Church, until 1880 when the present church was erected; a French Peasant Gothic style building, wood, T shaped, white, with bell, belfry, memorial windows, pipe organ, 2 bronze memorial plaques church was consecrated in 1924.
First settled pastor, Rev. George Canon Street, 1884-1892, education unknown.
Unpublished historical sketch by Mr. Julian Yongi, “Notes”, 1874-1886, written 1886, located in the office of Mr. Watt Marshman, college archivist, at Rollins College, Winter Park.
Published history, “History All Saints Episcopal Church”, Winter Park Herald, May 1, 1925, 1 column, custody of Mr. Watt Marshman, Rollins College, Winter Park.