Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202035
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County record [end note]
[added note] 753 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: Saint Paul
Street address: Church Street (cypress quarters)
3. Denomination: Negro African Methodist
Date organized: 1934, there is no record of first meeting.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings: None
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1934
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Bell, building is of stucco. No special features.
8. First settled clergyman: S.D. Brown
[added note] Rev. Woods, 1935--. [end note]
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1934--, 1 vol., in home of the secretary, in cypress quarters.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
All these are kept in the minute book, by the secretary at his home.