Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202017
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County record [end note]
[added note] 831 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: First Baptist
Street address: 187 Fifth Street
3. Denomination: Missionary Baptist
Date organized: 1915--, date of first meeting unknown.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings: None
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1915
Rebuilt: New church started in 1925, has never been completed for lack of funds.
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Common wood building throughout. No special features.
8. First settled clergyman: Sidney King
[added note] Rev. Archer, 1934--. [end note]
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1915--, these vols. cover special and business meetings, records of baptisms and members, also deaths. There is no record of marriages. Kept by the secretary at his home.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths: 1915--, See Item Number 9.