Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202015
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County records [end note]
[added note] 751 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: First Baptist
Street address: Colored Town
3. Denomination: Missionary Negro Baptist
Date organized: 1916, no record of first meeting
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings: First building is a small wood building, and is now used for a parsonage since the present church building was erected.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1925
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Bell, plain wood building throughout. No special features.
8. First settled clergyman: S. Jones
Tenure: 1916-1920, no settled clergyman at present.
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1916--, 2 vols., kept in the home of the secretary.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths: None.