Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202013
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] 832 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: First Methodist
Street address: 139, Eighth Street
3. Denomination: Methodist Episcopal South
Date organized: 1915; date of first meeting unknown.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings:
The original building is serving as a parsonage, since the present church building was erected.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1925
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
English architecture, of red brick, roof was damaged in 1928 by storm; has been fully repaired. This church enjoys a good membership and is very active. Has no special features.
8. First settled clergyman: Wm. O. Troutman
[added note] Present clergyman: Rev. Culpepper, 1936--. [end note]
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1915--, 2 vols. Two of which are kept in Park Pharmacy safe, the other or last one is kept at secretary’s home on Dixie High Way.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
All these records are kept in the minute books, 1915--.
See Item 9.
[Note: No. 8 through No. 10 stamped with the following]
DATES COVERED BY RECORDS
LOCATION OF RECORDS