Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202009
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County Record [end note]
[added note] 943 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: The Church of God
Street address: 40 Parrot Avenue
3. Denomination: Holiness
Date organized: 1925
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings:
The present building is the original one.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1925
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Ordinary wooden building; no special features.
8. First settled clergyman: Will Austin
[added note] Present clergyman: in charge Rev. C.A. Dryman
Tenure: 1937--. [end note]
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1925--, 1 vol. Kept by secretary, R.L. Mixon, at his home, Road No. 29, Lake Front.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
A record of members only, is kept with the minutes, 1925--, 1 vol.
[added note] (rewritten) Dec. 22, 1937 [end note]