Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202007
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County record [end note]
[added note] 746 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: P.O. Bassinger
2. Name of church: Church of God
Street address: Country (P.O. Bassinger)
3. Denomination: Conventional Holiness
Date organized: 1911, no record of first meeting
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings:
Meetings were conducted in old school house until present building was erected.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1925
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Common wood building, no special features.
8. First settled clergyman: Marion Waldren
Tenure: 1911-1912, no settled clergyman
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
All records are kept in 1 vol., by the secretary, at his home. They cover business meetings, record of members, deaths, money received and paid out.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
See Item 9. Record of members and deaths are kept in minute book.