Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1203096
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD, 1876-1935. Defunct. Maitland, Orange County.
Constituted 1876. Services beginning 1874, in Maitland Inn, until log building erected. A white, L shape, French Peasant Gothic, wood structure, with steeple, bell, and 19 memorial windows, erected as a memorial by Bishop Henry B. Whipple, 1881, dedicated and consecrated March 17, 1881.
First settled pastor, Rev. F.R. Holeman, 1874-1876. Education unknown. Last pastor, Rev. Roderick Cobb, 1922-1935, address unknown; Franklin and Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania; Princeton Theological Seminary, Princeton, New Jersey. See historical, “Notes,” 1874-1886, by Mr. Julian Younge, in archives, Rollins College, Winter Park.