Espiscopal Church Mission

  • Denomination: Protestant Episcopal Church
  • Pastor: A. Devett
  • Race/Ethnicity: White
  • County: Orange
  • City: Orlando
  • Established: 1889

Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1203094

Espiscopal Church Mission

Editor's Note

On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.


Transcript

Sheet 1 of 2 sheets

WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: William Marinus Bouterse
Date: March 16, 1940
Remarks: 1482-X

[added note] No records [end note]

HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1939-40

Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.

1. County: Orange

2. City or town: Orlando

3. Exact name of church: Episcopal Church Mission (Conway) (Defunct)

4. Street address, R.F.D. route, Highway Number and No. of miles N.S.E., or W. of nearest town:

R.F.D. #1, on State Highway 29, 6 miles southeast of Orlando, Fla.

5. Race of membership: White

6. Language of services: English

7. Denomination (full title): Protestant Episcopal Church

8. Names and locations of denominational bodies with which church is connected (national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance):

National: Council of the Protestant Episcopal Church, United States of America, 28, 4th Ave., New York, N.Y.
State: Diocese of Fla., Jacksonville, Fla.
District: Diocese of South Fla., 130 Main Street, Orlando, Fla.

9. Date church organized: 1889

10. Dates of lapse, or date of defunct: About 1905

11. Is church incorporated?: No

12. If so, give date of incorporation: None

13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change: None

14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: None

15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since organization, specifying location and dates used:

1889-1905 in church built on State Highway 29, 6 miles northeast of Orlando, Fla., when it went defunct.