Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202029
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Workerís Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] 749 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: Okeechobee Primitive Baptist
Street address: 8 Miami Street
3. Denomination: Primitive Baptist
Date organized: 1919, no record of date of first meeting.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings:
First building was located on Connerís Highway, on lake front and afterwards moved to its present location.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1923
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Wood building, no special features.
8. First settled clergyman: D. Wilkinson
Tenure: 1919-1920, no settled clergyman.
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
All records are kept in large church record book, 1919--; kept by the clerk at his home on Connorís Highway.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
1919--; See Item 9. All kept by the church clerk.