Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202025
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County record [end note]
[added note] 745 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: Mount Olive Baptist (Colored)
Street address: Church Street (cypress quarters)
3. Denomination: negro Missionary Baptist
Date organized: 1922, no record of first meetings.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings: First building was built in 1922, damaged by storm in 1926, latter rebuilt.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1927
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
Bell, common wood building throughout.
8. First settled clergyman: Sam Davis
Tenure: 1922-1925, has no settled clergyman at present.
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.):
1922--; 3 vols., kept at home of secretary.
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
None. Only cored covering the church work is located in minutes, which covers baptisms, members and deaths.
[Note: No. 8 through No. 10 stamped with the following]
DATES COVERED BY RECORDS
LOCATION OF RECORDS