Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1202021
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
W.P.A. Form 20 HR
Worker’s Full Name: David E. Martin
[added note] County record [end note]
[added note] 750 [end note]
WORKS PROGRESS ADMINISTRATION
SURVEY OF STATE AND LOCAL HISTORICAL RECORDS: 1936
Name of State: Florida
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY
CHURCH RECORDS FORM
1. County: Okeechobee
City or town: Okeechobee
2. Name of church: God in Christ (colored)
Street address: Church Street (cypress quarters)
3. Denomination: Negro Holiness
Date organized: 1925, no record of first meeting.
4. Date of lapse, if now defunct: None
5. Information as to previous buildings:
Meetings were conducted in members’ homes until present building was erected, 1928; damaged by storm, and was rebuilt.
6. Date present building dedicated or consecrated: 1928
7. Architecture, bells, inscriptions, special features of building:
None. Common wood building throughout. No special features.
8. First settled clergyman: R.S. Jenkins
Tenure: 1928-1930, has no settled clergyman.
Education Background: Unknown
9. Minute books (By years, volumes, file boxes, etc.): None
10. Register books of baptisms, confirmations, marriages, members, deaths:
Record of members, 1928--; complete, no other records are kept by the church clerk.