A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
John Milton (1807-1865)
Fifth governor: (October 7, 1861 to April 1, 1865)
Party Affiliation: Democrat
Lt. Governor: None
First Lady: Carolina Howze Milton
Charles H. Austin (1853-186?)
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to John Milton.
- Search Milton, John, 1807-1865 in the Florida Photographic Collection.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 101 Territorial and State Governors (1820-1929)
- RG 151 Office of the Secretary of State
- Message of the President, Strozier Library, Florida State University.
- Governor Letterbook, Tebeau-Field Library, Florida Historical Society.
- Records, P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History, University of Florida.
- Murphree, Ridgeway Boyd. “Rebel Sovereigns: The Civil War Leadership of Governors John Milton of Florida and Joseph E. Brown of Georgia, 1861-1865.” PhD Dissertation: Florida State University, 2006.
- John Milton, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.