A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
Claude Roy Kirk, Jr.
Thirty-sixth governor: January 3, 1967 to January 5, 1971
Party Affiliation: Republican
Lt. Governor: Ray C. Osborne (1969-1971)
First Lady: Erika Mattfeld Kirk
Secretary of State:
Tom Adams (1961-1971)
Fred O. Dickinson (1965-1975)
Treasurer & Insurance Commissioner:
Broward Williams (1965-1971)
Commissioner of Agriculture:
Doyle Conner (1961-1991)
Earl Faircloth (1965-1971)
Supt. of Public Instruction / Commissioner of Education:
Floyd Thomas Christian (1965-1969)
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to Claude Kirk.
- Search Kirk, Claude R. (Claude Roy), Jr., 1926- in the Florida Photographic Collection.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 100 Office of the Governor
- RG 102 Governors (1929-1971)
- RG 150 Dept. of State
- RG 364 Division of Tourism
- Samuel Proctor Oral History Program, University of Florida.
- Kirk, Claude. A Man and His Words: The First Book About Claude Kirk, Jr. Governor of the State of Florida. Tallahassee: Executive Press, 1968.
- Desmond, William James. “A Case Study of the Governor’s War on Crime.” MA Thesis: Florida State University, 1967.
- Kallina, Edmund. Claude Kirk and the Politics of Confrontation. Gainesville, Florida: University Press of Florida, 1993.
- Claude Kirk, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.
- Claude Kirk, the Florida Governor's Mansion.