A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
Andrew Jackson (1767-1845)
United States Commissioner and Governor of East and West Florida: March 10, 1821 to November 12, 1821
First Lady: Rachel Donelson Jackson
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to Andrew Jackson.
- Search Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845 in the Florida Photographic Collection.
Online Collections (Florida Memory Project):
- Call Family and Brevard Family Papers This collection contains correspondence, writings, and other papers of Richard Keith Call, territorial governor of Florida, and his family. Particularly significant among the Call papers is correspondence between Richard Keith Call and Andrew Jackson.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 1025 National Archives Microfilm Publications
- RG 900000 Manuscripts
Papers, Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Washington DC.
Papers, University of West Florida.
James, Marquis. The Life of Andrew Jackson. Indianapolis: Bobbs-Merrill 1938.
Remini, Robert V. and Robert O. Rupp. Andrew Jackson: A Bibliography. Westport, Conn., 1990.
Remini, Robert V. Andrew Jackson and the Course of American Empire, 1767-1821; Andrew Jackson and the Course of American Freedom, 1822-1832; Andrew Jackson and the Course of American Democracy, 1833-1845. NY: Harper & Row 1977, 1981, 1984.
Schlesinger Jr., Arthur M. The Age of Jackson. Boston: Little, Brown 1946.
Wallace, Anthony E. C. The Long, Bitter Trail: Andrew Jackson and the Indians. New York, 1993.
- Andrew Jackson, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.
- Jackson, Andrew, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.