A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
Twenty-eighth governor: January 7, 1941 to January 2, 1945
Party Affiliation: Democrat
Lt. Governor: None
First Lady: Mary Agnes Groover Holland
Secretary of State:
Robert A. Gray (1930-1961)
J. M. (James Martin) Lee (1933-1946)
J. Edwin Larson (1941-1965)
Commissioner of Agriculture:
Nathan Mayo (1923-1960)
J. Tom Watson (1941-1949)
Supt. of Public Instruction:
Colin English (1937-1949)
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to Spessard Holland.
- Search Holland, Spessard L. (Spessard Lindsey), 1892-1971 in the Florida Photographic Collection.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 102 Governors (1929-1971)
- RG 104 Governor (1979-1987 : Graham)
- Papers, Strozier Library, Florida State University.
- Papers, P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History, University of Florida.
- Evans, Jon. “Florida Politics in the Shadow of War: The 1940 Governor’s Race.” MA Thesis: Florida State University, 2000.
- Spessard Holland, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.
- Spessard Holland, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.