A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
Ossian B. Hart
Tenth governor: January 7, 1873 to March 18, 1874
Party Affiliation: Republican
Lt. Governor: Marcellus Stearns (1873-1874)
First Lady: Catherine Smith Campbell Hart
Commissioner of Immigration:
William A. Cocke (1873-1877)
John Varnum (1870-1877)
Supt. of Public Instruction:
Jonathan C. Gibbs (1873-1874)
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to Ossian B. Hart.
- Search Hart, Ossian Bingley, 1821-1874 in the Florida Photographic Collection.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 101 Territorial and State Governors (1820-1929)
- RG 151 Office of the Secretary of State
- RG 690 State Board of Pardons
- Letters, P.K. Yonge Library of Florida History, University of Florida
- Brown, Canter. Ossian B. Hart: Florida’s Loyalist Reconstruction Governor. Baton Rouge, LA: Louisiana University Press, 1997.
- Ossian B. Hart, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.
- Ossian B. Hart, Florida Supreme Court Portrait Gallery.