A Guide to Florida Governors and the Florida Cabinet
Richard Keith Call (1792-1862)
Third territorial governor: March 16, 1836 to December 2, 1839
Fifth territorial governor: March 19, 1841 to August 11, 1844
First Lady: Mary Letitia Kirkman Call
Florida Photographic Collection:
- Images related to Richard Keith Call.
- Search Call, R. K. (Richard Keith), 1792-1862 in the Florida Photographic Collection.
- Call Family and Brevard Family Papers
This collection contains correspondence, writings, and other papers of Richard Keith Call, territorial governor of Florida, and his family. Particularly significant among the Call papers is correspondence between Richard Keith Call and Andrew Jackson.
Collections at the State Archives of Florida:
- RG 101 Territorial and State Governors (1820-1929)
- RG 1025 National Archives Microfilm Publications
- RG 900000 Manuscripts
- Call Letter, Strozier Library, Florida State University.
- Papers, PK Yonge Library of Florida History, University of Florida.
- Papers, Southern Historical Collection, University of North Carolina.
Published Materials :
- Doherty, Herbert J. Richard Keith Call, Southern Unionist. Gainesville: University of Florida Press, 1961.
- ———. “Richard K. Call vs. The Federal Government on the Seminole War.” Florida Historical Quarterly 31 (January 1953): 163-80.
- Halsell, Willie D. “Early Letters From R.K. Call.” Florida Historical Quarterly 39 (January 1961): 266-9.
- Richard Keith Call, Biographical Directory of the United States Congress.
- Richard Keith Call, Florida Governors' Portraits, Museum of Florida History.