- Interior view of the Wakulla Springs Lodge at the Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park.
- Photographed in September 1986.
- In 1925 real estate developer George T. Christie purchased Wakulla Spring and established glass-bottom boat tours as a Wakulla Spring tradition. From 1963 to about 1970 Wakulla Springs' 4,000 acres were designated as a wildlife and bird sanctuary and leased to the National Audubon Society to manage. In 1966 the Secretary of the Interior designated Wakulla Spring as a National Natural Landmark. Wakulla Springs was purchased by the state in October 1985 and name changed to Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park. It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1993.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »