Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/89998
(please include photographer's name when noted).

Title

  • Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Image Number

  • CC304

Year

  • Between 1900 and 1915

Series Title

General Note

  • The sugar mill was also known as the Cruger and DePeyster Sugar Mill. Built sometime between 1825 and 1835, it was destroyed by Seminole Indians during the Second Seminole War in the 1830s.Before coming under control of the Florida Park Service as a Historic Site, the property was mistakenly thought by many to be the ruins of a Spanish mission for the Timucua Indians, Mission of Atocuimi. The site, which was located at 600 Old Mission Road, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on 12 August 1970

Physical Description

  • 1 photoprint - b&w - 5 x 8 in.

Subject Term

Geographic Term


Learn more about the Print collections »

Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Order Prints

Please select the size and options

Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida
CC304

* Shipping fee: The fee is a flat rate of $2 per order. The expected turnaround is 7 to 10 business days, not inclusive of shipping time. See FAQ for more information. 

Order Scan

Please select the size and options

Fireplace at the New Smyrna Sugar Mill Ruins - New Smyrna Beach, Florida
CC304

*Scans will be available for download in 3 to 5 days, and will have a flat $2 per order handling charge. An email will be sent with a link to the download. See FAQ for more information.

For help or more information about ordering see the FAQ or Customer Service