- Playground and buildings at the Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys in Marianna, Florida
- Photographed on March 19, 1968.
- Taken during Governor Kirk's tour of the facility.
- The Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys in Marianna, Florida, was a high risk residential commitment facility operated by the Department of Juvenile Justice for male youth 13 to 21 years of age who were committed by the Court. The school originally opened in 1900 as the Florida State Reform School. It was later known as the Florida Industrial School for Boys (1914-1957), the Florida School for Boys (1957-1967), and finally the Arthur G. Dozier School for Boys. The school closed in 2011.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »