- Daytona Normal and Industrial Institute group photograph
- Established 1904 by Mary McLeod Bethune with 5 girls and $1.50 cash in a rented cabin. By 1918 there was a four story building called Faith Hall, a 2 story building used for kitchen and a new $40,000 auditorium on 20 acres. Classes offered in sewing, dressmaking, domestic science, gardening, poultry raising, raffia work, rug weaving, chair caning, broom making teacher and nurses training. An additional building some distrance from the campus was fitted up for the education of boys and men.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Print collections »