- Pirate player at the Pittsburgh-Baltimore exhibition game chatting with general manager Branch Rickey
- Photographed in April 1955.
- This is Wolfson Park in Jacksonville, Florida. The park (which was home to a AA Minor League team, the Jacksonville Suns) opened in 1955- therefore this was one of the first played at the park. The last game was played there in September 2002 before the park was torn down. The two Major league teams pictured here are the Pittsburgh Pirates and the Baltimore Orioles.
- Mr. Rickey was responsible for getting Jackie Robinson signed to the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1945.
Additional Corporate Creator
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Print collections »