- View of All American Girls Professional Baseball League member Dottie Schroeder getting a hit - Opa-locka, Florida
- Photographed on April 22, 1948.
- Accompanying note: "Hit: Its a hit and batter Dottie Schroeder, blonde pigtails and all, start[s] running for first. Catcher Mary Rountree and Umpire Norris Ward. These girls really hit...and are lightning when running."
- Dorothy "Dottie" Schroeder was born on April 11, 1928 and became the All-American Girls Professional Baseball League's youngest player at age fifteen. Miss Schroeder was the only girl who played all 12 seasons for the AAGPBL. She passed away on December 8, 1996.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 4 x 5 in.
Learn more about the Department of Commerce collection »