- Ornithopter and creator George R. White at St. Augustine
- Photographed September 21, 1927.
- Ornithopter: wing flapping foot propelled flying machine made by George R. White. Trial flights at St. Augustine of the 118 pound frame 29.5 feet and a wingspan of 8 feet in length made of chrome molydernum covered with a non-in-flammable transparent celluloid fabric.
- Crashed on test flight, but was later improved. White was unhurt from the test flight.
- 1 photograph - b&w - 10 x 8 in.in.
Learn more about the Print collections »