- Harold Neumann with Miss Chevrolet in Miami, Florida.
- Photographed on January 18, 1936.
- The Howard DGA-5 plane held the "Inverted Speed Record" in the 1930s. It was one of two similar planes, "Mike and Ike" designed by Texas born pioneer Aviator and Aeronautical engineer Benny Howard. This plane, "Ike" (NR56Y), was sponsored by the Chevrolet Division of General Motors and was known as "Miss Chevrolet".
- Mr. Neumann, born in 1906, was named the fastest airplane pilot in 1935 after winning the Thompson Trophy race in the National Air Races in Cleveland. He died on July 5, 1995.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »