- Mrs. R.B. Sensabaugh presents a Confederate flag to Mrs. O. C. Mayo - Tallahassee, Florida
- Mrs. Sensabaugh's grandfather, Capt. Patrick Houston, was an officer of the Kilcrease Artillery.
- Mrs. Mayo was "custodian" of the Anna Jackson Chapter, UDC.
- Mrs. R.B. Sensabaugh is on the right and this was photographed during a meeting of the United Daughters of the Confederacy.
- The flag was made from the wedding dress of Governor Albert W. Gilchrist's mother. The side showing consists of heavily embroidered silk, emblazoned with the words "Kilcrease Light Artillery, 1863"; above the emblem, in French, are the words "God and my right." The actual confederate flag is on the reverse side, and is made of the same material.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »