State Library of Florida: Florida Collection, 975.924-T891 01
This booklet includes the history of Christmas, Florida, and information about the post office in the town. Christmas was established in 1837 as Fort Christmas. When the post office was established in 1892, the town's name was changed to Christmas.
Juanita S. Tucker served as postmistress at the Christmas post office for 42 years (1932-1974). She was appointed by President Herbert Hoover to the position. Her mother-in-law, Mrs. L.O. Tucker, had held the same position from 1914-1932.