- Mural of barefoot mailman on wall in West Palm Beach post office on Olive Avenue.
- 1 of 6 panels entitled "Legend of James Edward Hamilton, Barefoot Mailman" painted by Stevan Dohanos in 1940 during the New Deal.
- Accompanying note: "Hypoluxo to Biscayne route was established in 1886 (60 miles)."
- "If a foot passenger wished to accompany the mail carrier and have the advantage of his boat and watering places, he could do so for $5.00. This was known as the 'Fool Killers Railroad.'"
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »