Florida Memory is administered by the Florida Department of State, Division of Library and Information Services, Bureau of Archives and Records Management. The digitized records on Florida Memory come from the collections of the State Archives of Florida and the special collections of the State Library of Florida.
State Archives of Florida
Entrance to Whitehall, home of H.M. Flagler, in Palm Beach.
Houses--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Architecture, Domestic--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Dwellings--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Mansions--Florida--Palm Beach County--Palm Beach
Decoration and ornament
Whitehall was a 55-room mansion built by Henry Flagler in 1901 as a wedding present for his wife Mary Lily Kenan Flagler and later sold by her heirs to investors in 1925. The building served as a luxury hotel from 1925-1959. Later acquired in 1959 by Mrs. Flagler Matthews (President of the Henry Morrison Flagler Museum), it was restored and opened to the public in 1960. Whitehall was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1972.
Number on back at top: R-67500.
Subject - Person
Subject - Corporate
Chicago Manual of Style
Entrance to Whitehall, home of H.M. Flagler, in Palm Beach. 1900 (circa). State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. <https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/318909>, accessed 22 September 2023.
Entrance to Whitehall, home of H.M. Flagler, in Palm Beach. 1900 (circa). State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory. Accessed 22 Sep. 2023.<https://www.floridamemory.com/items/show/318909>