- Matt Morgan drawing in Frank Leslie's Illustrated Newspaper personifying yellow fever dragging down Florida
- Accompanying note: "Personification of yellow fever dragging down Florida as Columbia rushed to the rescue."
- "Yellow fever reached epidemic proportions in the summer of 1887. It came from Cuba to Key West and moved up the west coast to Tampa and across to Jacksonville. During the winter of 1887-88, Jacksonville reported 4656 cases and 427 deaths."
Title of Work
- Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 9 x 7 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »