- Shelter for migrant workers - Belle Glade, Florida
- The image was created by the New Deal program, Farm Security Administration (originally the Resettlement Administration) in order to demonstrate the hardships of farm workers during the Great Depression.
- The original image is stored in the Farm Security Administration Collection at the Library of Congress in Washington, DC. Image #: LC-USF34- 051072-E
- Original image caption: Migrant packinghouse workers' camp in swamp cane clearing. Housing two families (twelve people) from Tennessee. No lights, no water, no privy. Wash water is hauled from dirty canal, drinking water is hauled from packing house. Belle Glade, Florida.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »