- Tamiami trail blazers holding sign - Tamiami Trail, Florida.
- Photographed April 4-22, 1923.
- The trail blazers were the first men to cross the unfinished portion of the trail (from Fort Myers to Everglades City) in automobiles. The group included one commissary truck, 7 model T Fords, and a new Elcar but only the 7 Fords made it.
- The Ford Model T Coupe, in which Russell Kay and Frank Whitman made the trip, was owned by Florida Grower magazine.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »