- Etchings of two waterfront views - Fernandina, Florida
- Photograph of illustrations.
- Accompanying note, upper image: View of New Fernandina and Cedar Keys Railway, occupied by the national naval and land forces, under Commodore DuPont and General Wright, March 2d and 3d, 1862.
- Ships identified in the upper image include (left to right) the Pawnee; the Mohican (flagship); the Belvedere; the Bienville; and the rebel steamer Darlington.
- Accompanying note, lower image: View of the town of Fernandina, Fla., from the river, lately captured by Commodore DuPont's forces.
- Buildings or structures identified in the lower image include the dock; a hospital; the Signal Station ([residence of?] Ex-Governor Browne); a Baptist church; General Wright's headquarters, Yulee's House; and a Methodist church.
Title of Work
- Frank Leslie's illustrated newspaper
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »