- Bloxham House - Tallahassee, Florida
- Florida's former governor William Bloxham is on the porch with a couple of ladies.
- Built 1844 by Richard A. Shine, builder and brickmason. Leased and later sold (1852) to David C. Wilson, who owned a livery stable, grocery store, and finally Wilson's Dept Store 1841-1971. Sold in 1881 to Gov. William Bloxham and used as his town residence during his terms of office (1881-85 and 1897-1901) Between his terms Bloxham rented house to Gov. E. A. Perry. Sold in 1913 to ? who leased it to Frances Marion Phillips. Became Whitehouse Hotel in the late 1940's. Bought by Robert and Frances C. Ervin in 1979 and restored 1979-81.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 6 x 9 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »