- Paperboy George Greentree, age 6 - Jacksonville, Florida
- Photographed in March 1913.
- Made $1 a day selling papers for his 12 year old brother. His father was deceased and his mother worked as a janitor. George also betted and worked the pathos game.
- Working as an investigative photographer for the National Child Labor Committee (NCLC), Lewis Hine (1874-1940) documented working and living conditions of children in the United States between 1908 and 1924.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 10 x 8 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »