- Town of Everglades celebrates the opening of the Tamiami Trail
- Photographed on April 26, 1928.
- Identified in the photograph are Barron Collier directly behind Seminole Indian and Dr. Fons A. Hathaway, Chairman of the State Road Department is to the right of the man shaking hands with the Seminole Indian.
- The Town of Everglades was changed by charter into Everglades City in 1953.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 7 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »