- Remains of the "Hiawatha" steamboat on the St. Johns River
- Photographed in June 1963.
- The Hiawatha was an inboard stern-wheeled steamboat. It travelled the Oklawaha River for the Hart Line. It was registered number 200721, and had Palatka as its first home port. It had a gross tonnage of 129, and a net of 54. It was 89' long, 23.5' wide, with a depth of 4.6'.
- The Hiawatha was built at Palatka in 1904, and abandoned in 1919, at Hart's Point, East Palatka. It was removed in the early 1980s.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
Learn more about the Reference collection »