- View showing Santa Claus fishing in Sarasota, Florida.
- Photographed in May 1965.
- Accompanying note: "Steinmetz [Christmas] images as postcards".
- Note the pelican with a collar at the left.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »