Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1201106
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
Sheet 1 of 2 sheets
WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: Verbie D. Smith
[added note] 1624 [end note]
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY – STATE ARCHIVES SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1938
Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.
1. County: Okaloosa
2. City or town: Baker, Route #2
3. Exact name of church: Good Hope Congregational
4. Street address, R.F.D. route, or description of location:
8 miles west of Baker on Route #2.
5. Race of membership: White
6. Language of services, if foreign: English
7. Denomination (full title): Congregational and Christian Churches
8. Names and locations of denominational bodies – national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance:
Governing bodies of Good Hope Congregational Church General Council, 287 Fourth Ave., New York, N.Y.
State: Jacksonville, Fla.
District: Crestview, Fla.
9. Date church organized: June 1922
10. Dates of lapse, if now defunct: None
11. Is church incorporated?:
12. If so, give date of incorporation:
13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change:
Cottonville changed September 1931.
14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: None
15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since, organization, specifying location and dates used:
This church was organized in the Stanley School-house and are using same at present.