Print View (image only)
Image Number: 1001007
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
Sheet 1 of 2 sheets
WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: Grace K. Raborn
[added note] 2027 [end note]
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY – STATE ARCHIVES SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1938
Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.
1. County: Levy
2. City or town: Morriston
3. Exact name of church: “Bethany Church of Christ”
4. Street address, R.F.D. route, or description of location:
About 1 1/2 mile northwest of town, off Road #5
5. Race of membership: White
6. Language of services, if foreign: English speaking
7. Denomination (full title): Churches of Christ
8. Names and locations of denominational bodies – national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance: No centralization.
9. Date church organized: July 1909
10. Dates of lapse, if now defunct: None
11. Is church incorporated?: No
12. If so, give date of incorporation: None
13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change:
No change. (Concurrently called “Morriston Church of Christ”).
14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: No
15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since, organization, specifying location and dates used:
July-August 1909, tent, same site. 1909-1911, frame building, same site. This burned in 1911.