Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0909073
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
ST. JOHN’S EPISCOPAL CHURCH, 1829--. Monroe and Call Streets, Tallahassee, Leon County.
Constituted 1829. Services in the Court House, Monroe Street, until building erected 1837, destroyed by fire 1879, services again in Court House until it burned, then in Capitol Building until present, red, Gothic type, brick structure, with carillon, 3 memorial windows, and pipe organ, erected 1880, dedicated in January, 1888.
First settled pastor, Rev. Seneca G. Bragg, 1831-1834. Protestant Episcopal Theological Seminary, Alexandria, Virginia. Present pastor, Rev. Jefferey Alfriend, 1925--, 523 Miccosukee Road, Tallahassee; Protestant Episcopal Theological Seminary, Alexandria, Virginia. See, “History of St. John’s Church,” in St. John’s Parish Register. Also, “History of St. John’s Church,” in St. John’s Parish Register. Also, “Historical Papers and Journal of Semi-Centennial of the Church of Florida,” by Rev. W.H. Carter, 4 pp., published by the Church Yearbook Publishing Company, Jacksonville, 1880, in Walker Library, Tallahassee.