Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0904072
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
[added note] (Disciples of Christ) [end note]
FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH, 1920--. Main and Lee Street, Leesburg, Lake County.
Constituted August, 1920, and services, in The Woman’s Club Auditorium until February, 1921, then in the Presbyterian Church (see entry ) until present, rectangular, stucco building erected February 22, 1925, dedicated April, 1926.
First settled pastor, Rev. Claude M. Stutts, February, 1925-October, 1929. Education unknown. Present pastor, Rev. C. Melvin McKay, 1940--, 214 North 12th Street, Leesburg; Johnson Bible College, Kimberlin Heights, Tennessee. See, “Historical Sketch,” custody of Mrs. Cordia Swaverly, 1012 Line Street, Leesburg. Also dedication article, “The First Christian Church,” published in the Leesburg Commercial, custody of publisher.