Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0904049
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
EMERALDA METHODIST EPISCOPAL CHURCH, SOUTH, 1880-1925, 1934--, Route #2, 14 1/2 miles northeast of Leesburg, Lake County.
Constituted 1880. Services in Emeralda Methodist Church South, (see entry ) until 1925, when building sold, then attended First Methodist Church, Grand Island (see entry ) until 1930, then a tenant house, belonging to Mr. John Albritton, opposite present site, until a white, wood structure erected July, 1934, dedicated April 28, 1925.
First settled pastor, Rev. John Turner, 1880-1882. Education unknown. Present pastor, Rev. R.S. Skelley, June, 1938--, Lady Lake; Southern California Bible School, Pasadena, California. See historical, “Diary, Fifty Years in 1934,” by Mrs. John Oberholtzer, custody of author, Emerald Island, Route #2, Leesburg. Also, “News Items,” by Mrs. John Oberholtzer, published in Emerald Leesburg Commercial, April, 1936, in publisher’s office, Leesburg. Also, “History of Lake County,” by William T. Kennedy, published by The Record Company, Printers, St. Augustine, 1929.