Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0801092
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH, 1914--. South Pine and Poinsettia Streets, Sebring, Highlands County.
Constituted May 3, 1914. Services in a small, arbor like building, Pine St., until 1915, then an Oak Ave., until a red, square, Chataugua type, brick structure, with 4 class rooms, pastor’s study, and memorial windows, erected 1925-1926, first services on June 6th.
First settled pastor, Dr. C.B. Toomb, 1926-1932. Education unknown. Present pastor, Rev. Luther L. Price, 1939--, 241 N. Lake Drice, Sebring; Hampden-Sydney College, Hampden-Sydney, Virginia; Union Theological Seminary, Richard, Virginia. See, "History of the Church," 1914--, by officers and members, custody of Clerk of Session, Mr. R.M. Forster.