Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0401126
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
[added note] (Negro – NBC of America) [end note]
HARMONY MISSIONARY BAPTIST CHURCH, 1881--. 567 Bloxham St., Jacksonville, Duval County.
Constituted 1881. Services in building, Julia and State Sts., until destroyed by fire 1901, then erected tabernacle, same site, services until 1909, then a rented building, Victoria and Broad Sts., burned 1911, then in a store front, 1288 Davis St., until 1913, then at Missouri and Illinois Sts., a few months. Present, gray, rectangular, cottage type, frame building purchased, remodeled, first services and dedication 1913. Present membership ____. Active organizations, Sunday School.
First settled pastor, Rev. Arthur Garnagy, 1881-1900. Common school education. Present pastor, Rev. G.W. Crocket, 1933--, 1620 W. 7th St., Jacksonville.
(CHURCH RECORDS), 1933--, 2 vols. Showing minutes of church conferences, reports, membership roll, receipts, disbursements. Custody of clerk, Mrs. Annie Henderson, 1747 Madison St., Jacksonville.
(REGISTER), 1933--, 1 vol. Showing membership roll, baptisms, deaths. Custody of pastor, Rev. G.W. Crockett, 1620 W. 7th St., Jacksonville.
(FINANCE AND ACCOUNTS), 1933--, 1 vol. Showing receipts, disbursements. Custody of Mrs. Annie Henderson, see supra.
SUNDAY SCHOOL RECORD BOOKS, 1933--, 5 vols. Showing minutes of meetings, reports, attendance, offerings. Custody of Miss Lula Gardner, 537 Orange St., Jacksonville.