- Ideals publication cover of famous Ringling Circus clowns in Sarasota, Florida.
- Photographed on March 21, 1947.
- Clockwise from top left: Felix Adler, Emmett Kelly, Harry Dann, and Paul Jerome.
- Joseph Janney Steinmetz was a world-renowned commercial photographer whose images appeared in such publications as the Saturday Evening Post, Life, Look, Time, Holiday, Collier's, and Town & Country. His work has been referred to as "an American social history," which documented diverse scenes of American life from affluent northeasterners to middle-class Floridians. Steinmetz moved from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania to Sarasota, Florida in 1941.
Title of Work
- 1 photoprint - col. - 11 x 9 in.
Learn more about the Steinmetz collection »